What is a 510 Vape Cartridge?
510-thread cartridges are the most common type of vape cartridge. The name comes from the type of threading at the bottom of the cartridge where the vaporizer battery screws into. 510 vape cartridges are made up of a mouthpiece, a small tank filled with extract, and an atomizer steel wick. These parts all come together in a simple process to turn your cannabis oil into inhalable vapour.
First, the atomizer acts as the primary heat source for the vaporization process. This atomizer then comes into contact with the tank or chamber filled with extract, which then “vaporizes” the extract into an inhalable mist. This mist or vapor is then sent or pulled into the mouthpiece of the cartridge.
Let’s Get The Basics Out The Way
Vape cartridges are small units of any kind of extract, in particular, cannabis extract oil. When these oils are heated, they release active ingredients into a fine vapour that can be inhaled. These cartridges are simple and come in a standard rod-like shape that consists of three parts which include:
- The mouthpiece – Found at the top of the cartridge, this is the piece you place on your lips to draw in air and vapour
- The chamber – this is the part of the cartridge that comes pre-filled with cannabis oil to vaporized
- The atomizer – the heating element that’s used to vaporize the cannabis oil or concentrate.
Another important part of the vape is the battery layout. These are rechargeable batteries that can be fastened into the cartridges and they can be bought separately, but other cartridges may come with a disposable battery attached to them.
How To Use a Vape Cartridge
Vape cartridges have become increasingly popular since being legalized, mainly because they are easy to use. However, it’s always important to use vape-related cannabis products correctly.
While most cartridges operate in the same way, it’s always best to carefully read through the instructions that come with your vaporizer and cartridges so that you avoid any potential safety hazards.
After purchasing your 510 vape cartridge, you should follow the following steps before putting it to use. Before you thread the cartridge into your vape pen, you may want to first take off the cover (either rubber, metal, or plastic) and take probably two-three long pulls so that the air passes through the cartridge and saturates the atomizer coil with the concentrated liquid.
This practice, known as “priming the cartridge,” helps to prevent the metal coil from getting burnt on your first time. Even though this may seem like a tedious extra step, not doing this leads to higher chances of getting a burnt taste from the cartridge.
Once you’ve properly primed the cartridge, you’ll need to carefully screw the 510 vape cartridge onto your 510 battery pen. Make sure you don’t use too much force with the cartridge when putting it onto the threads, as doing so may damage the threading strips. Also, note that you don’t want to screw the cartridge very tight, as that might lead to connection issues.
Before you take your first draw, remember that the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) oil in your vape cartridge is highly concentrated. This means you don’t have to inhale as much as you might when smoking to feel the desired psychoactive effects.
Because of how much “stronger” each inhalation is when using a vape, it’s best to only take small amounts with each draw and to wait at least a few minutes before you take another. The THC compounds may also take some time to set in when vaping, which makes the experience more relaxing and delivers a gradual high.
What To Do If Your 510 Vape Cartridge Stops Working?
What happens if all of a sudden your 510 vape stops working properly? First of all, don’t panic! More often than not, it’s a common issue that you’ve run into, that would have an easy fix. Here’s how you might go about fixing them:
- If you’re not drawing out any vapour but the airflow doesn’t seem blocked, there may be a connection problem with the battery power. Check to see if the battery is properly charged, as some batteries come only with a partial charge when sold.
- If there’s no issues with the battery and you’re still not seeing any vapor when you inhale, your power may simply be turned off. Check the button on your vaporizer and try clicking it 3-4 times simultaneously to toggle it either ON/OFF. You will often see a light coming on as you make your draw.
- If you’ve checked and confirmed all the above issues and you’re sure that the battery is charged and the vape is on, then there might be some connection problem with the battery itself. Try unscrewing the cartridge to clean both contacts with smooth wet cotton, then leave it for a few minutes for the parts to dry off. Once the battery is dry again, try reconnecting it.
- If you notice that the airflow is blocked when you try to inhale, the cartridge may be clogged with dried oil. In this case, simply try to draw harder and the blockage should release itself.
To Vape Or Not To Vape?
There are several advantages to using vape cartridges for your cannabis consumption as compared to smoking. Many research studies have shown over the years that vaping is better than smoking and tends to be less harmful due to the fact that byproducts of combustion are not part of the process. With vaping the user can regulate the heating and dosing of the vapor as opposed to smoking, which adds a layer of control that gives the user a better cannabis experience.
Other benefits of the 510 cannabis vape cartridges are that they are very convenient and easy to use. This makes it possible for users to inhale vapor and experience instant effects at the push of a button. On top of that, vape devices are often small and help for a discrete experience with a mild odor being produced for a few minutes when in use.
If you want to find out more about cannabis vape cartridges or you are or are a new cannabis user, we’re happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have. Feel free to visit our main website here and get in touch with us.
If you’re interested in learning more about 510 Vape Cartridges or anything else about cannabis, please check out our blog.